Applying to VBFS
While incredibly thorough and personalized, we designed our application process to be both engaging and interactive. Below, please find every document needed to begin the application process to VBFS.
Request Application Download
Applying to VBFS
- Fill out an Inquiry Form online at vbfschool.org
- Create a School Cues login via application portal on website:
- Submit online application
- Submit $100 application fee
- Schedule a student day visit
- Submit additional forms
- Release of Records – school records from past year and current first marking period records
- Teacher recommendation forms
- Any educational testing the applicant has completed
- Photo of child (optional)
Affording a Virginia Beach Friends School Education
The Admission Office works hard to make VBFS education accessible to all qualified applicants. Financial aid decision are based on the needs of each family and our financial aid budget. Please find important information regarding the financial aid application process below. The Admission Office understand the financial aid application process can be difficult and is happy to answer any and all questions by contacting Candice Jarden, Chief Financial Officer, at 757.428.7534 or [email protected].
Steps to Complete the Online Parent’s Financial System (SSS)
Beginning October 2, 2019, visit the SSS Family Portal at https://sssbynais.force.com/familyportal.
- Create your Family Portal account with your email address and a password.
- Complete a PFS for Academic Year 2020-21. You can log out of the portal at anytime and return later to finish it.
- Once all PFS sections are complete with green checks, the “Submit & Pay” button activates. Follow the prompts to the payment screen. The $51 fee is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
- After you pay for and submit your PFS, you have access to the Family Portal’s “My Documents” tab to upload required documents as part of your application process. Be sure to submit required document by their deadlines to complete your application.
- We will communicate our financial aid decision to you directly. To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS as a starting point, and we also consider our school policies, practices, and available budget.