Platforms Middle School Is Using
Platforms Upper School Is Using
Zoom- For all in-person meetings: Advisory, Classes, Meeting for Worship and Business
Google Classroom- To share and receive materials and assignments
Jupiter- To share assignments, grades, and report cards
Routine and simplicity are so essential in this time of uncertainty for both parents and students; with this in mind, we have solidified the student schedule and assembled all Zoom invites in one place.
Key Elements of the Weekly Schedule-
- 9:30 am Advisory Meeting- Attendance is taken for the record here.
- Zoom Class Meetings- Three to four 45-minute Zoom classes between 9:50 and 1:30 pm.
- Independent assignments and learning are posted on Jupiter.
Please save the Master Schedule provided in an easily accessible place for you. We encourage students to make a copy and add any family activities, tutoring, physical activity, and subtract any classes that don’t apply to you. A copy of the schedule has already been shared with your child. We expect students to attend these Zoom classes, assessments will be taken and grades will be given during these classes. Please be sure to communicate with the teacher if a student is unable to attend; in these cases, the teacher will provide information and expectations based on what was missed.
How you can support your student
- Help them establish a regular daily routine during the week.
- Ensure they have a workspace (table/desk) with good lighting, access to their materials, nearby plug, adequate lighting for their daily Zoom meetings.
- Encourage regular bedtimes for adequate sleep.
- Keep communication lines open- They will read or hear things that they may want to discuss with you.
- Encourage daily physical activities to reduce stress and stay healthy.
- Assist your child in maintaining contact with friends virtually or through social interactions that comply with CDC-recommended social distancing measures.
- Discuss online expectations and Zoom etiquette with your child and assist teachers in upholding these.
Also, please know and remind your student of the following
- Students should be dressed appropriately for school during Zoom classes.
- Video functions should be on for class.
- Students should have their own name identifying themself on platforms.
- Avoid side chatting with individuals during group classes.
- Students should be sitting up (preferably at desk or table) not lying down.
- Make sure comments are appropriate for class and focused on learning.
- Students should not be on another device or playing video games during class.
- Discuss plagiarism and the importance of turning in their own work. Please remind your student about the importance of citing online resources they might use. Students will be held accountable for acts of plagiarism.