Hello Friends and happy Friday!
Today is a special day at Friends School! For some time now, Teacher Megan has been working with Teacher Dafna’s 3/4 classroom on putting together a performance of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. If parents or interested community members would like to Zoom-in for the event, immediately below is the Zoom information for today’s 1:00 performance. Also the performance will be recorded and shared for future enjoyment!
Topic: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Time: Nov 19, 2021 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 919 7925 7400
While not a holiday classic (in my mind), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reminds me that the holidays are here. The smell of autumn (and Thanksgiving) is in the air at Friends School. As leaves float down and the Tidewater air moves from frosty to balmy back to frosty, there is a clear sense at Friends School that everyone is looking forward to next week’s Thanksgiving holiday.
Next week on Tuesday November 23rd, we will be sharing details for our virtual Grandparents and Grandfriends Day. To show our appreciation for the love and support Grandparents and Grandfriends provide, our teachers have been working super hard to create videos, performances, and activities so please be ready to pass along to your loved ones!
All the best,
Head of School
Below are all the Need-to-Knows!
– Tuesday, November 23 there is NOON DISMISSAL with no extended day for students.
– Thanks to Courtney Grew, VBFS Librarian, for her hard work coordinating Book Fair efforts. From all accounts, all Friends School students have enjoyed Book Fair Week. Remember, Book Fair will be open until Tuesday November 23rd. We have reached 77% of the goal and sold 435 books!!!!!
– FRIENDSgiving is coming up on global wide Giving Tuesday, November 30th. It’s a one day blitz for annual fund giving and our goal is 100% participation! ANY size donation is amazing & anyone donating $25 or more will receive a super cool FRIENDS SCHOOL BEANIE seen below being modeled by Candice & Mike! Shout out to Moody Homes for sponsoring this event!
– Unfortunately, VBFS has had its first confirmed case of flu Type-A. This is just a reminder that it’s flu shot time of year.
– With Jason Weast’s departure, Sarah Combs, VBFS First Adventures at Friends Director, will be taking over Extended Day leadership. Sarah’s email is [email protected].
– VBFS is looking to hire individuals for its Extended Day program from 3:00 to 6:00 pm each day. If a parent or community member is interested, please email Candice at [email protected].