Hello Friends and Happy Spring Break,
Whether you are going on vacation or staycation this coming week, we hope all Friends families and faculty members find rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation. Upon returning from Spring Break, VBFS will continue to feel more like its pre-pandemic self. Starting March 14th, the school will no longer be doing temperature checks. The school will continue to update its COVID-19 protocols as Virginia Department of Health does.
While the pandemic is moving to an endemic and things seem to be returning to normal, nothing in our world is normal with an ongoing war in Ukraine. In Quaker language, when someone is suffering or has a loved one suffering, Quakers say, “We will hold you in the Light.” The phrase holds the same meaning as, “We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.” To me, “holding someone in the Light” conveys a deep and powerful sense of commitment to wanting the very best for someone. As the Friends School community finds a renewed sense of calm this week in our chaotic worlds, please join me in holding the people of Ukraine and those not fortunate to take a Spring Break in the Light.
All the best,
Head of School
– Upon returning from spring break, all VBFS students will get to enjoy National Pi-Day, 3/14 or in Pi world, 3.14159.
– Enrollment contracts are due March 14th.
– Summer camp sign ups are ongoing. Spots are quickly filling up. Register here!
– READ-A-THON: What a success! Friends School families logged 10,942 reading minutes and have raised $4,965 for the annual fund and library materials. Donations can still be taken until March 11th and don’t forget to use your prize money in the rewards store!
4th quarter co-curricular signups will go out on March 14! This quarter we will have a robust offering of courses!
- PreK, Early K and K: Ballet Club
- Early K and K: Art Club
- 1st/2nd grade: Cooking with Math and Violin Club
- 3rd/4th grade: Yoga and Mindfulness Club
- 3rd-8th grade: Run Club
- Middle School: Art Voyagers
- Middle School: Intramural Sports