Happy Friday Friends,
We need your help!
Just below in this News and Notes you will find the link to Strategic Long-Range Plan Parent Survey. You may recall in late fall I sent out an email looking for community volunteers to participate in the strategic long-range planning process. As a reminder, every five years, VBFS creates a new Strategic Long Range Plan. This means that the School Committee, working with the Friends School administration and community members, creates a five-year strategic road map for the school. Strategic Long-Range Plans for independent schools focus on creating a vision for the school’s future.
Currently, the School Committee has laid out four areas of focus for strategic planning: Financial Sustainability, Enhanced Campus, Educational Leadership and Experience, and Community Engagement. Attached to this News and Notes, we kindly ask parents to complete the Strategic Long-Range Plan Parent Survey. This important feedback will help the School Committee and administration work to create a vision for the future of Virginia Beach Friends School.
SURVEY LINK: https://www.surveymonkey.com/
Have a wonderful weekend and thank you in advance for completing the survey!
All the best,
– Step Up Night is this coming Wednesday from 6:00 to 7:00 pm. Please sign up in your SchoolCues account in advance of the evening.
– The financial aid deadline is February 14th. Parents applying for financial aid for the 2022-23 academic year must apply by this date.
– Re-enrollment contracts will be mailed home on February 23, with a return date of March 14th.
– Current VBFS parents who may want a younger child who is currently not attending Friends School to attend next year, please contact Candice Jarden asap. [email protected]
– Summer Camp registration opens up on March 1st.
– As a reminder, all adults still have to wear masks while on campus and indoors.
– The school would like to extend sincere thanks and appreciation to Teacher Brittany who has been substituting as the Kindergarten Teacher Assistant while Teacher Sarah was on maternity leave with her new baby. The school will be welcoming Teacher Sarah back this coming Monday.
The school is hosting a Read-A-Thon this month. The read-a-thon will begin on Tuesday, February 15th and will run until March 1st. This is an incredible way to encourage your children to develop stronger reading skills as they earn rewards throughout the read-a-thon. We HIGHLY encourage you to sign your child up! We already have 26 students registered! https://www.read-